Adult clients with a history of chronic or prolonged childhood abuse and/or neglect present significant challenges in treatment, particularly in utilizing the standard EMDR protocol. The training includes both practice and discussion.
- Identify five characteristic symptoms of dissociation.
- Describe the role of attachment injury and chronic abuse and/or negelct in creating and maintaining dissocaitve processes and individuated self-states.
- Acquire a familiarity with the three phases of complex trauma treatment in relation to the three prongs and eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- Learn three emotional regulation methods for use in EMDR phase 2 with dissocative clients and strategies for interacting with self-states.
- Name three characteristic phobias which maintain dissociative processes.
- Can utilize several techniques for titrating EMDR phase 4 processing with dissociative clients.
Participants will have completed an EMDRIA approved basic training in EMDR Therapy (Part I & II). Connect EMDR offers EMDR Basic Training Packages.