Back to Basics EMDR Refresher Course
This day-long course will clear the cobwebs, increase your fidelity to the model, and bring you up to date on recent changes in The EMDR Institute manual. The presenters will use lecture, live demonstration, and guided practicum to enhance your understanding of Adaptive Information Processing Theory, the 8 Phases, and the 3 Prongs of the Standard Protocol.
This fast-paced, interactive workshop should give you the confidence and skill to offer your EMDR Therapy clients more efficient, effective treatment.
In addition, participants will learn to:
- Improve Case Conceptualization by understanding the continuum of trauma from Acute Stress Disorder to Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Determine whether a client needs symptom reduction focused on a specific presenting concern or comprehensive treatment that targets multiple maladaptive themes.
- Navigate choice points in history taking and treatment planning, including when to use the Affect Scan and how to organize information around different types of symptom clusters.
- Understand the three Negative Cognition categories and how to generate appropriate Negative and Positive Cognitions in the Assessment Phase.
- Recognize when and how to offer effective Cognitive Interweaves.
- Know when and how to use EMD: a form of contained processing used to desensitize intrusive traumatic content and quickly improve functioning without overwhelming the client.